CDMA Network Activation Retirement
Verizon Wireless is retiring its CDMA (3G) network.
As a result, we are no longer allowing activation of CDMA-only devices, including CDMA-only basic phones and smartphones, or 4G LTE smartphones that do not support HD Voice service.
Current users of CDMA-only devices or 4G LTE voice-capable devices that do not support HD Voice service can continue to use their current devices until we retire our CDMA network, or can change devices as follows:
- Users of CDMA-only devices (AKA 3gdevices) can change to other CDMA-only devices or to 4G LTE devices that support HD Voice.
- Users of 4G LTE smartphones that do not support HD Voice can only change to other 4G LTE smartphones that do not support HD Voice or 4G LTE HD Voice devices.
The following types of devices can no longer be activated:
- CDMA (3G)-only devices, including 3G basic phones and 3G smartphones
- 4G LTE smartphones that do not support HD Voice
- Apple® iPhone® 5s or prior including the Apple® iPhone® 5c
- Connected devices with CDMA (e.g,, GizmoPal, GizmoPal2, GizmoGadget and some Hum + models).